What is it about?
The ‘OTM-R Package’ is a set of practical and useful tools for implementing Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations.
- The rationale: Why is OTM-R essential?
- The principles and guideline: What a good OTM-R system should look like?
- A checklist for institutions as a self-assessment tool: How do the current practices rate?
- The toolkit: A step by step guide to improve the OTM-R practices
- Examples of good practice
Why is it needed?
OTM-R ensures that the best person for the job is recruited, guarantees equal opportunities and access for all, facilitates developing an international portfolio (cooperation, competition, mobility) and makes research careers more attractive.
What is in it for me?
OTM-R brings benefits to researchers, institutions and the wider research system. More specifically, OTM-R makes research careers more attractive, ensures equal
opportunities for all candidates and facilitates mobility. Overall, it may contribute to an increase in the cost-effectiveness of investments in research!
Source: EURAXESS Website